Gamegune 2016 will see 16 of the best Hearthstone players in the world compete for their share of a €25,200 prize pool on the 18th and 19th of November.
- All tournament matches will be played in best-of-5 Conquest format.
- Players will have 4 decks and 1 of them will be banned prior to the start of the match.
- In order to win the match players will have to win 3 matches, each of them with one of his available heroes after the BAN.
- When a player wins with a deck, this cannot be used again during the rest of the match.
- The loser may continue with the same starting hand or use a different one.
* Details of the Conquest format: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hfGtSMPUMg
Competition format and regulations
All players are required to abide by and follow these rules.
- The competition consists of a group stage (Friday 18) + single elimination round (Saturday 19).
- The standard format will be used.
- All matches will be played on the European region.
- Players may be added by the GameguneTV#2823 account to spectate their matches. Some of the matches will be recorded and broadcasted live.
- After being called to play, players will open their accounts in their respective allocated PCs and once they are in the Select Deck screen, they will inform the admin which rival deck they want to ban (in case they are competing in the main stage) or they will approach the opponent’s PC and chose the deck (if they are competing outside the main stage).
- In case there is a draw, the match will start again using same exact decks.
- Players are required to exhibit good sportsmanship during the competition.
- After any match or in case of disagreement during the match, players shall take a screenshot of the issue to facilitate the admin making the decision making.
Disqualification, cheating and prohibitions
Players must compete to the best of their ability at all times. Any form of cheating will not be tolerated.
- Any kind of cheat will result in the disqualification of the tournament.
- Players are not allowed to use the chat or any other external device during the matches. They will therefore have to set their account to busy status.
- Players shall be called to play at the previously agreed time. If they are not there 10 minutes after the time agreed for their match, the player will be scored as “game lost”.
- Players are not allowed to take notes during the match.
- Listening to music is not allowed during the tournament.
- Each player shall send a screenshot of their 4 decks before Sunday 13th of November at 23:59h CET and may only use those starting hands during the tournament.
- There can be no more than one starting deck copy per hero.
- Players must provide their own account and cards.
- The decks of all the players can be published by the players on Monday 14th of November and will be published by Gamegune on Tuesday 15th of November.
- Players may not access their collection or edit decks during the challenge. If they do so, they will lose a match (Sideboard Clause).
Friday 18th of November (Group stage).
- 4 groups of 4 players each (a total of 3 matches each).
- The best 2 players of each group move on to the next stage on Saturday 19th of November.
16:00 - Round 1
17:30 - Round 2
19:00 - Round 3
Saturday 19th of November (Single elimination stage)
- The best 8 players of the groups stage will take part in this stage.
- The winner of each match moves on to the next round, and the loser of each is eliminated from the tournament.
10:00 – Quarterfinals 1
11:30 – Quarterfinals 2
13:00 – Quarterfinals 3
14:30 – Quarterfinals 4
16:00 – Semi-final 1
17:30 – Semi-final 2
19:00 – Final
3rd and 4th
5th to 8th
*Money prizes will undergo due tax deduction.
These are the general rules of the tournament. However, organisers may make changes to these regulations to guarantee that the competition runs smoothly and that it is as enjoyable and fair as possible.