CHAMPIONSHIP RULES: Fireside Gathering
The Gamegune Fireside Gathering is an open tournament parallel to professional tournament that will take place on the 18th and 19th of November. All the Hearthstone players visiting the Kursaal will also get the chance to play in this tavern* and compete for their share of a €2.000 prize pool.
- 64 players will take part in this tournament
- The winner of each match moves on to the next round, and the loser of each is eliminated from the tournament.
Friday 18th of November
14:00 Tournament check-in.
15:00 Round 1 (round of 32)
17:00 Round 2 (round of 16)
Saturday 19th of November
11:00 Round 3 (round of 8)
12:00 Round 4 (Quarter finals)
15:00 Round 5 (Semifinal)
16:00 Round 6 (Final)
- All tournament matches will be played in Last Hero Standing format.
- Players will have 3 decks and 1 of them will be banned prior to the start of the match.
- In order to win the match players will have to win 2 matches.
- When a player wins with a deck, this has to be used again during the next match.
- The loser has to change the deck for the next match.
- Details of the LHE format: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc7cW2YwLr8
Competition format and regulations
All players are required to abide by and follow these rules.
- The competition consists of a single elimination round.
- The standard format will be used.
- All matches will be played on the European region.
- After being called to play, players will open their accounts in their respective allocated PCs and once they are in the Select Deck screen, they will approach the opponent’s PC and chose the deck they want to ban. The match starts when the admin says so.
- In case there is a draw, the match will start again using same exact decks.
- Players are required to exhibit good sportsmanship during the competition.
- After any match or in case of disagreement during the match, players shall take a screenshot of the issue to facilitate the admin making the decision making.
Disqualification, cheating and prohibitions
Players must compete to the best of their ability at all times. Any form of cheating will not be tolerated.
- Any kind of cheat will result in the disqualification of the tournament.
- Players are not allowed to use the chat or any other external device during the matches. They will therefore have to set their account to busy status.
- Players shall be called to play at the previously agreed time. If they are not there 10 minutes after the time agreed for their match, the player will be scored as “game lost”.
- Players are not allowed to take notes during the match.
- Listening to music is not allowed during the tournament.
- There can be no more than one starting deck copy per hero.
- Players may not access their collection or edit decks during the challenge. If they do so, they will lose a match (Sideboard Clause).
3rd and 4th
These are the general rules of the tournament. However, organisers may make changes to these regulations to guarantee that the competition runs smoothly and that it is as enjoyable and fair as possible.
*Slots for the Fireside Gathering are limited.
**Money prizes will undergo due tax deduction.